Research Fields top
1. Phase equilibria and reaction mechanism in oxide systems, of interest in the I.F.eld of SnO2-based semiconductors, Bi2O3-based superconductors and ionic conductors, Al2TiO5-based ceramics, Nb2O3-based dielectrics, LaCoO3 and hexagonal ferrites, LaGaO3-based ionic conductors
2. Correlation between structure and properties of vitreous systems, the chemical and thermal properties of the glasses are under evaluationmainlyin vitreous systems containing PbO and ZrO2, of interest for waste inertization, optical application and coatings. A special attention is given to vitreous systems that reproduce ancient glasses.
3. Oxide systems obtained by sol-gel/wet chemical methods devoted to study of the chemistry of the processes and to preparation of oxide and hybrid vitreous and nanostructured materials, as:
- mono- and polycomponent I.F.lms - (TiO2, SiO2, SnO2, ITO, Al2O3, HfO2, LiCoO2, ZnO)
- mono- and polycomponent powders - (Al2O3, TiO2, SiO2, MgO, Fe2O3, ZrO2, CeO2, MoOx, V2O5, MnO2, LaCoO3, LaGaO3, SnO2, ZnO)
- oxide and hybrid nanocomposites of different types, based on SiO2 or hybrid matrices. Enzymes, fullerene, dyes, polysaccharides, pesticides, oxides were embedded in such matrices
- oxide nanotubes – TiO2, SiO2